Our COVID-19 Safety Plan
Our People Protocols are changing to respond to COVID-19.
Our customer protocols have changed as follows:
- We have a hand sanitizing station for guests and staff when they enter the front door to immediately clean hands.
- Parties will be limited to groups of no more than 6.
- We have a host to designate seating for customers.
- Waiting for a table will be outside.
- For all dine-in guests, we will collect through our servers the first and last name of one guest per party and their phone number. Records will be kept per the Public Health Order for 1 month. Contact information will be used for the PHO or purposes of the reservation or table booking only.
- Customers will be required to wait at an appropriate 2m distance in all areas were queuing is required.
- Customers collecting or requesting take out will wait in a separate location than dine-in.
- Signage is posted at the entrance of the Brewery to ensure that no one with symptoms of COVID-19 or who has contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will enter the Brewery.
Our staffing protocols have changed as follows
- We require staff to declare that they will not come to work if they have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to their shift. Should staff experience symptoms of COVID-19, they are required to contact Public Health at 8-1-1 and self-isolate if required.
- We have also required staff to refrain from coming to work if they have had close exposure to a person currently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Anyone who is returning to our workplace after travelling off the island must have self-isolated for 14 days while monitoring for symptoms before they can work in our business.
- We have set in place staggered arrivals, breaks and shift ends.
- All staff must wash their hands upon arrival at work at the beginning of each shift and upon return from any breaks.
- We have created “pods” of staff who work together exclusively to reduce connections and minimize the risk of transmission in our workplace.
- Visitors to our back of house for deliveries and service are recorded to assist with tracking in our delivery log.
- As we are a Brewery, our staff must come into work, however, we are engaging in regular health and safety conversations and ensuring that our staff are bringing forward any concerns about the new workflow or Brewery layout in order to improve our COVID-19 response.
- We have posted a Health Resource document to orient our staff to COVID-19 and any related health, bullying and mental health resources.
- We are actively monitoring our social media and our guest feedback online and in-person to ensure that we are not experiencing any backlash or negative engagement with customers and managing difficult situations accordingly to assist our staff through this difficult transition.
FOR A COPY OF OUR FULL COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN, PLEASE EMAIL Darren@cumberlandbrewing.com